May 28, 2008

Motor secure

The motor needs a tail mount, it cannot be supported by the weight of the transaxles alone.

There, I needed to make sure to post that here as I was speculating on not having a motor mount. But, since the motor touched the ground after it was installed and the gear shifter was firmly stuck in place due to the weight on the transmission, it is obvious that I need to have support under the motor.

Nevertheless, I am highly excited to have it installed. The moving truck is loaded w/ the Squareback in tow. I'll take a pic tomorrow and send it from my phone.

So, a brief hiatus from work on this until we get moved into our new house and until I get my ordered battery cables (they screwed up my order AGAIN - this is the third time). I really appreciate the advice I get from my parts supplier (EVA), but maybe I should email my orders so there are more definite terms to the order that they can see in writing.

1 comment:

onesojourner said...

according to electro automotive none of the air cooled VWs should need a motor mount. Thats good to know.