May 22, 2008

10-14 gauge wiring almost done

Even though I started working at 4pm (and quit at about 11pm- helped w/ trim, quarter-round and base board installation at my brother-in-laws), I am close to being done w/ the small wiring stuff (meaning, everything but the 2/0 cable). I sent most of the wires going to the auxiliary battery (under the back seat, passenger side) and the dash (voltmeter and ammeter) via the former heater vents that came from the rear engine (about 8 wires in all - voltmeter and ammeter were to/fro wires). I have all the contactor wires ready for connection. I used an old gas line to run the wires through a metal part of the frame.

Tomorrow, I hope to finish and get a call from the welder about my motor mount. Friday, my final parts will show up and hopefully Saturday or Sunday, I'll have the motor installed. Then, Monday a ride???? Being a bit optimistic here, but it seems things are moving along well thus far towards the initial run...Maybe a bath for the car is in order once the motor is installed.

No comments: