May 15, 2008

Ahead of schedule

So I chose to work tonight instead of tomorrow and made great progress on "step #1" (w/ regard to my previous post). It took less than one hour to change all four shocks to more heavy duty kinds, but a prior hour finding a lug wrench sturdy enough to get off the bolts. FYI- a Subaru Outback lug wrench fits VW lugs.

My front brakes are in much better shape than I thought and don't need changed and the wheel inspection can wait a bit until I am able to test out their soundness by driving the car. Now I am going in the morning to Batteries Expert in Anderson, IN to get 8 T-1275 Trojan Batteries (656lbs to be exact). Then, we are off to the yellow/blue store to look at kitchen cabinets since our new place needs a real kitchen (has few cabinets and countertop space). So the controller placement will have to wait until Saturday when I put in a full day/night of work.

1 comment:

onesojourner said...

I am really glad you are documenting this. I am casually looking for an old VW to do the same thing. I see you are in KC. I am in springfield mo and I would love to come check the car out once you have it running. I visit family up there several times a year. Keep up the good work. I will be bookmarking this one.