May 27, 2008

Input shaft cutback

Thankfully someone lent me a 7" Milwaukee grinder today and I very quickly removed the end of this 'input shaft' on the transmission. I was corrected that in the US this is its proper name while in Europe (and my service manual) it is called the drive shaft. I'm noticing some not so subtle snubbing of all things Non-(Auto)American...

This afternoon-evening I loaded our enormous moving truck (26') w/ most of our stuff and it is still about 1/2 empty. Tomorrow we'll finish up packing as we drive away on Thursday so we can close on our house Friday morning. After I finish packing tomorrow I will (hopefully) install the motor. I am going to have this bonus work day on the car b/c we got the truck a day earlier than expected. Hopefully my remaining battery cables will come at a reasonable hour, the motor will be installed in a timely manner, I will be able to Re-borrow the cable crimper and cutter, and wire up the battery pack...then drive this car tomorrow night. Doubtful, highly doubtful - but it is exciting to be this close to a test run.

No comments: