Jul 19, 2008

Improved performance

Yesterday I inverted my Potbox (the little device that controls acceleration from the 'gas' pedal) and immediately noticed I was able to get more out of my EV. The cable now travels in a straight line to the Potbox and my hill climbing is much better. Even better too is that I now have an ammeter to gauge how much I'm asking from the controller and motor, so I can see which gear draws higher amps and thus can down/up shift to save on the power I'm drawing. It would be nice to know the motor rpms (so I could know when in fact I should shift to avoid redlining it) as hill climbing - like a gas vehicle- is better in a lower gear.

The lamentations I expressed a few days ago are less, though I still think an extra battery would help things out. Simply (but pricey) solution...

No comments: