Jun 26, 2008

stopped thinking and livid

The microswitch on the potbox turned out not to be the problem as I bypassed the potbox (thus having the secondary contactor turn on w/ the ignition) and it still didn't work. So, back to the drawing board. I tried attaching the ksi to the secondary contactor via the line from the KLK to the secondary contactor, and didn't stop to think that the voltmeter cable was also in the connection (w/o the 2amp fuse, which is hard to find). I just fried my voltmeter cable by connecting it up wrong w/ the ksi to secondary contactor. Seeing smoke pour out after I turned on the ignition was not what I needed to see. I hesistated posting this, but hey, this is part of what happens when you get close to completion and stop thinking and backtracing connections to ensure safety, especially when bypassing. I'm so discouraged and embarrased, but it could have been much worse. I'm going to check all my input wiring now for melted insulation and this will hopefully solve my problem in the process, though doubtful...

No comments: