Oct 29, 2008

Reduced Power

The cold that is settling in here in KC seems to be effecting my range and power. I read about this, but thought it would be a bit later into the cold season that I'd notice a change. I usually find I am at about 50% depth of discharge after my daily commute, but as of now it looks like I'm closer to 70 or 80% discharge (and the suggestion is not to go above 80% DOD much at all). Well, may be time for battery heater wraps or another battery or two. Then again, I could take the bus 1 1/4 hours w/ a transfer and a 15 minute walk for a 9-mile commute...

So, this weekend I'm going to do some additional research to see if I may be having issues with the pack. So far my individual readings show a strong degree of equalization across the pack over time. So, not sure here....suggestions?